Postdoctoral Researcher In Molecular Modelling
We are looking for a new postdoc researcher to join the team of Prof. Jiri Damborsky focused on Protein Engineering at the International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne’s University Hospital Brno (FNUSA-ICRC).
- ACS Catalysis 6: 7597-7610, 2016
- Plos Comp. Biol. 12: e1004962, 2016
- J Am Chem Soc 137: 4988, 2015
- Nature Chem. Biol. 10: 428, 2014
- Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 19: 8, 2014
- Chem. Rev. 113: 5871, 2013
- Angewandte Chemie 52: 1959, 2013
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne's University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA-ICRC), Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment.
We are a top Central European research center with more than 200 researchers, new technologies and experience in using EU grant support. We focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Our partners are world-class research centers and universities.
You can see more at: http://www.fnusa-icrc.org
Starting Date: Preferably 2nd January 2017 (negotiable)
FTE: 1 FTE (full-time assignment)
- software engineering (CAVER, HOTSPOT WIZARD, PredictSNP),
- structure-function relationships in protein-ligand systems,
- protein design and engineering,
- drug design and discovery,
- data analysis, writing of reports, reviews and research articles,
- presentations at conferences and workshops,
- supervising students and younger colleagues,
- assistance with writing grant applications.
- PhD degree in biophysics, bioinformatics, structural biology or related fields,
- experience in molecular modelling and/or software engineering,
- high motivation and enthusiasm,
- knowledge of Linux OS and supercomputing environment,
- advanced command of scripting language, e.g., Python, Perl, Tcl, BASH,
- programming in JAVA,
- positive and teamwork personality,
- upper intermediate English language skills.
- working in international multidisciplinary team with experts from biophysics, bioinformatics, biochemistry, microbiology, microfluidics, mathematics, and molecular modelling,
- engagement in ambitious projects of protein science and engineering and biotechnology development,
- work in an inspiring and highly collaborative environment using state-of-the-art technologies,
- opportunities for further education and training,
- competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
The candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae, cover letter describing motivation and previous experience and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending your CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne's University Hospital, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne's University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.