PhD Student - Biostatistics research program
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne's University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA-ICRC) is a new-generation research center with more than 200 researchers. We focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases trying to find new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment.
We are now seeking a PhD student to join our institution within the Biostatistics research program led by Silvie Bělašková, which participates in many international research activities in clinical practice and basic research as well as in epidemiology, education and public health.
Your main tasks will include:
- Participation in implementation of research projects
- Analyzing data, writing papers, improving methodology of the project based on data analysis and results
- Communication with the Principal Investigator, team members and foreign partners
- Suggesting methods of research, methods of testing and development of the project
- Presenting project and its results in meetings
- Bringing interdisciplinary view
We are looking for somebody with:
- Research methodology knowledge
- Ability and enthusiasm to analyze data and write papers
- Perfect spoken and written English
- SAS or other statistical SW practical knowledge
- Biostatistical knowledge
- Experience in writing paper
We are looking forward to offer you:
- Part-time contract (0,3 FTE)
- Participation in a truly international research team of enthusiastic professionals, meeting with foreign experts and being mentored by them
- Improving your research methodology knowledge and obtaining experience in research design and publishing
- Fixed-term contract till December 2017 (with a possible future extension – we offer you a prospect of a long-term career)
How to apply?
If you are interested, we will be glad to hear from you! Send us your CV and a brief cover letter (both in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th January 2017 at the latest.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending your CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne's University Hospital, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne's University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.