Facility Specialist (MRI)
We are now looking for a new member of our team at the Animal Center (AC) of the International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne’s University Hospital Brno (FNUSA-ICRC).
This position is open as a part-time assignment of 0.1 FTE (=4 hours a week).
Your future workplace: AC premises
As a part of the International Clinical Research Center, the AC has been created in order to support scientists in their in vivo research and in vivo experimental design, mainly, but not exclusively, in the fields of cardiology and neurology.
Possible animal models include pigs, rats, and mice. In addition to appropriate facilities for animal care, we provide a complex facility with on-site technology as well as human resources offering know-how and expertise. Researchers are also supported in writing protocols for the Ethical Committee and the authorization from the Czech Minister.
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne's University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA-ICRC), Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment.
We are a top Central European research center with more than 200 researchers, new technologies and experience in using EU grant support. We focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Our partners are world-class research centers and universities.
Starting date: Preferably February 2017
As our facility specialist you will:
- Help the AC to provide efficient services to users and researchers working with GE Healthcare MRI for experiments on pigs.
- Help AC to implement Quality Assurance Standards for experimental procedures
- Check and monitor MRI usage
- Deal with maintenance of MRI technologies and assisting in MRI repair
- Routinely report problems and state of the art of MRI to AC Director
- A person who communicate effectively with supervisor, research personnel, AC staff and other ICRC employees. You maintain confidentiality as appropriate and maintain a high level of quality
- A person who enjoys everyday routine work but is able to react and adapt to nonstandard situations and to solve problems in cooperation with other members of the team and colleagues within the institution
- Able to work independently but at the same time you share information and foster effective teamwork with AC team.
- Very organized and punctual, with attention to details
- Responsible and self-motivated – you like when things get done right and you know that quality of your work matters to others
- Proactive – when you see a problem or think about an improvement, you share it with others
You already have:
- Previous experience (at least 1 year) with MRI
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and protocols
- Previous experience with work in a laboratory environment
- Fluency in Czech, spoken and written (you will communicate with the rest of the hospital and sometimes with other Czech official authorities)
- Advanced level of English, spoken and written (B2 level is a must as you will communicate in English on daily basis)
- Good knowledge of MS Office package
- Participation in a truly international clinical research in a most-modern field in a multinational environment with high-tech equipment and within a team of enthusiastic professionals
- Fixed-term contract (with a possible future extension - we offer you a prospect of a long-term career).
- 5 weeks of vacation
How to apply:
The candidates are invited to send their CV (in English) email@example.com by 10 the February 2017 at the latest. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending your CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne's University Hospital, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne's University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.