Kardiovize Brno 2030 (KV/Cardio 6)
MUDr. Ondřej Sochor
Mgr. Jana Jarešová, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +420 543 185 592
Cardiovision Brno 2030 is a health prevention scheme that aims to identify the actual health risks of Brno town citizens, and to minimize these, by 2030, through prevention programs. In the project’s first phase, mapping risk factors for cardiovascular disease is now underway within a randomly selected population of Brno, the participants’ age ranging from 25 to 64 years, while during the second phase, suitable prevention programs will be proposed based on the results obtained, which are to focus on reducing the occurrence of the risk factors identified.
The aim of the project is to achieve that the city of Brno has within 20 years the lowest morbidity and mortality from cardiovascular disease in the Czech Republic in persons of working age. We want to make this happen through gradually increasing awareness of risk factors for cardiovascular disease, as well as through shifts in mindset and behavior of the Brno population, thus achieving changes in both levels of risk factors and the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases themselves.
Main research areas
- Development of new methods to reduce the incidence of risk factors for cardiovascular disease and, consequently, reduce morbidity and mortality from these.
- Analysis the prevalence of selected risk factors in a random sample of the Brno population.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of measures aimed at changing lifestyles with regard to prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Evaluation biological samples taken from a structured significant sample of probands to determine selected markers as well as anamnesis and sociological data.
- Appreciation of relationships between risk factor values for the occurrence of cardiovascular disease and health care costs (Overview of reimbursements declared).
- In the future, evaluation genetic mutations in the Brno population compared to other European countries.
Aplication of the results
- Recommended methodology of community intervention programs.
- Population-focused prevention programs, promotion of health education, and anti-smoking campaigns.
- Monitoring changes in awareness of the risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Laboratory and diagnostic methods, especially in the field of new markers of atherosclerosis.
- BIOIMPEDANCE InBody 370 – a method of measuring the content of body fat and muscles in the body
- EKG Still - an electrocardiogram unit
- CAVI Fukuda Denshi - a device to measure an estimated age of the vessel wall
- Baum pressure gauge (called Baumanometr) - the world's most renowned mercurial tonometer, used in clinical trials
- BpTRU pressure gauge - a gauge using repeated measurements in preset spacings with extraordinary precision of the measurement
- Defibrillator - a unit used for the defibrillation of ventricle on cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Huntleigh ultrasound device (Doppler) - a unit allowing indicative tests of blood vessels of lower limbs
- Kancelář Brno-Zdravé město
- Společnost pro léčbu závislosti na tabáku
- Brno University of Technology – Center of Sports Activities
- VŠTJ Medicína Praha
- Liga proti rakovině Brno
- University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno
- Heart of Mersey (Great Britain)
- NÖ GEBIETSKRANKENKASSE (Austria)
- Select Research (Great Britain)
- Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medecine (Great Britain)
- FNUSA-ICRC Science for Health: Support of Clinical Research Popularization (ECOP)
- Human Bridge for Strengthening Integration of ICRC into European Research Area (ICRC-ERA Human Bridge, FP7)
- ICRC Human Bridge - Support of Study Stays of Czech Researchers Abroad: Young Talent Incubator (ECOP)
- ICRC PartnerNet - Research Partnership Network (ECOP)
- MEDINFO - Information Sources for Medicine and Related Fields (R&DI OP)
- Monitoring of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Brno population – Pilot Study Kardiovize Brno 2030 (IGA)
- Support of activities restricting exposure to tabacco smoke (Regional Development Agency South Moravia)