Sleep Medicine (SMED/Cardio 4)
doc. MUDr. Ondřej Ludka, Ph.D.
Contact to Study Coordinator
Libuše Martináková, MBA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +420 543 185 547, GSM: +420 604 227 115
The growing obesity epidemic in EU countries presents a significant danger because of its compelling medical and socioeconomic consequences. Obesity is one of the most important risk factors for cardiovascular diseases, including coronary heart disease, hypertension, and heart failure. The aim of this subprogram is to study the significance of risk factors such as sleep-related breathing disorders, or “sleep apnea”, and their connection with obesity and other cardiovascular diseases including myocardial infarction. Up to twenty percent of the adult population suffers from a sleep disorder; however, these problems have not been widely studied in the EU. It is probable that an early diagnosis of sleep apnea could significantly reduce the incidence of obesity and cardiovascular diseases. An integral part of this subprogram is the development of novel technologies allowing the exploration of links between the cardiovascular and central nervous systems.
Determining the role of sleep apnea in the pathophysiology and treatment of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases
Developing novel technologies for advanced assessment of cardiac and brain electrophysiology
- FNUSA-ICRC Science fo Helth: Support of Clinical Research Popularization (ECOP)
- Human Bridge for Strengthening Integration of ICRC into European Research Area (ICRC-ERA Human Bridge, FP7)
- ICRC Human Bridge - Support of R&D teams through formation of new postdoc positions (ECOP)
- ICRC Human Bridge - Support of Study Stays of Czech Researchers Abroad: Young Talent Incubator (ECOP)
- ICRC PartnerNet - Research Partnership Network (ECOP)
- Integrated Interventional Imaging Operating System (IIIOS, 7FP)
- MEDINFO - Information Sources for Medicine and Related Fields (R&DI OP)
- Význam spánkové apnoe v patofyziologii hypertrofické kardiomyopatie (IGA MZ ČR)