Development of Advanced Neuroimaging (Neuro 3)
doc. MUDr. Daniel Hořínek, Ph.D.
prof. Bradley J. Erickson, M.D., Ph.D.
Contact to Assistant:
Mgr. Eva Slezáková, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The neuroimaging subprogram is focused on experimental imaging of the central nervous system and its application in diagnosis and treatment.
- A clinically applicable software package for highly accurate diagnosis of intracranial aneurysms.
- A new image analysis method that will result in more reliable measurement of cervical carotid stenosis.
- Tools that increase the accuracy and speed of stroke diagnosis from non-enhanced CT.
- The expanded use of functional MRI in Parkinson’s disease.
- Tools to analyze fMRI correlates of globus pallidus deep brain stimulation and subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation in patients with Parkinson’s disease.
- Expanded brain tumor characterization. Tools to extract features for progressing, regressing, and stable tissues of brain tumors, and attempts to “train” an algorithm on the distinction. MRI spectroscopy (MRS) will be implemented in the diagnosis and treatment of cerebral tumors, including MRS-guided brain tumor biopsy.
- The subprogram is conducted by a group of experts in neurology, neurosurgery, and neuroradiology with an interest in experimental neuroimaging. We cooperate with the research centers for neuroimaging at Mayo Clinic in the U.S., in Marburg, Germany, and in Szeged, Hungary.
- FNUSA-ICRC Science fo Helth: Support of Clinical Research Popularization (ECOP)
- Human Bridge for Strengthening Integration of ICRC into European Research Area (ICRC-ERA Human Bridge, FP7)
- ICRC Human Bridge - Support of Study Stays of Czech Researchers Abroad II: Young Talent Incubator (ECOP)
- ICRC PartnerNet - Research Partnership Network (ECOP)
- Korelace obrazu MR spektroskopie v oblasti hippocampu a poškození kognitivních funkcí u pacientů po ozařování mozkovny (IGA MZ ČR)
- MEDINFO - Information Sources for Medicine and Related Fields (R&DI OP)
- Využití pokročilých MR technik v diagnostice recidivy high-grade gliomů po komplexní onkologické léčbě (IGA MZ ČR)