Animal Center (AC)
Viola Galligioni, DVM PhD.
AC Director - National Coordinator
Contact to Assistant
Marta Duchoňová, tel.: +420 735 190 323, e-mail: email@example.com
As a part of the International Clinical Research Center, the Animal Center (AC) has been created to offer support scientists in their in vivo research and in vivo experimental design, mainly, but not exclusively, in the fields of cardiology and neurology.
Possible animal models include pigs, sheep, rabbits, rats, and mice. In addition to appropriate facilities for animal care, we provide a complex facility with on-site technology as well as human resources offering know-how and expertise. Researchers are also supported in writing protocols for the Ethical Committee and the authorization from the Czech Minister.
All experiments are in compliance with the current Czech legislation and European Directives. We do believe that excellence in research is based on excellence in animal care, so we work to assure the highest welfare of lab animals and to protect health of people who work in the AC.
AC guidelines are available here.
For additional detailed information regarding AC Policy, please contact the AC Director.
Main research areas
- Preclinical research (experiments in animal models, especially rabbit, pig, zebrafish and rodents).
- Development of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in cardiology using animal models especially for interventional cardiology, studies of the pathophysiology of myocardial infarction, heart failure treatment, transplant programs.
- Development of new contrast agents for magnetic resonance imaging, or diagnostic angiography.
- Development of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic approaches in neurology using animal models in particular for the study of electrophysiology of the brain, studies of advanced brain imaging techniques, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno
- School of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno
- Central European Institute Of Technology (CEITEC), Brno
- Institute of Molecular Genetics of the ASCR, v. v. i, Division BIOCEV Vestec
- Vienna Biocenter Core Facilities GmbH (VBCF), Vienna (Austria)
- Anthon Dohrn Zoological Station, Naples (Italy)
- University of Trieste, Trieste (Italy)
- FNUSA-ICRC Science for Health: Support of Clinical Research Popularization (ECOP)
- Human Bridge for Strengthening Integration of ICRC into European Research Area (ICRC-ERA Human Bridge, FP7)
- ICRC Human Bridge - Support of Study Stays of Czech Researchers Abroad III: Young Talent Incubator (ECOP)
- ICRC PartnerNet - Research Partnership Network (ECOP)
- MEDINFO - Information Sources for Medicine and Related Fields (R&DI OP)
Main technologies available
- NIOBE Stereotaxis Magnetic Navigation System, complete with the Odyssey Cinema System. This system is coupled to the NIOBE Stereotaxis Navigation System available for humans.
- 1.5 T Signa NMR from GEHealthcare for large animal experiments, complete with the set-up for anaesthesia.
- Ultrasound systems: VIVID 7 Dimension 4D Breakthrough 2008, VIVID I Breakthrough 2009
- Cardiolab EP system (GE Healthcare)
- Endoscopic and laparoscopic instrumentations.
- Cryocath ablation system (CryoCath Technologie).