HistoPARK - Completed Project
- Czech title: HistoPARK – Centrum analýz a modelování tkání a orgánů
- Registration number: CZ.1.07/2.3.00/20.0185
- Program: Education for Competitiveness Operational Program
- Priority axis: 2 – Tertiary Education, Research and Development
- Area of support: 2.3 - Human Resources in Research and Development
- Beneficiary: Masaryk University
- Partner: St. Anne’s University Hospital Brno
- Budget: 39,919,484.00 CZK
- Implementation period: October 1, 2012 – June 30, 2015
- Duration: 36 months
- Manager on behalf of St. Anne’s Hospital: Ing. Alena Tresová
- Contact: phone: +420 543 185 585, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The global objective of the Histopark project is making use of up-to-date methods of organization, management, and evaluation of research activities to create a consolidated inter-institutional team focused on studying morphology and interactions of cells in a three-dimensional environment of tissues and organs, and modeling of these phenomena by tissue engineering techniques.
The team will take the form of a science-teaching grouping, i.e. the Center of Tissue and Organ Analysis and Modeling, which will, through its parameters, correspond to similarly focused centers of best-of-class international institutions, such as Tissue Imaging/Engineering Lab (Harvard Medical School), Tissue Imaging Center (Biocenter of Oulu, Finland), or Cell and Tissue Imaging Center (St. Jude Children`s Research Hospital). The first of its kind in this country, the Center will develop, on a long-term basis, interactions with academic, medical, and commercial entities in the Czech Republic and abroad. The project will thus significantly contribute to increasing competitiveness of the parent institutions and the region.
Find more information on official project web pages (in Czech): histopark.med.muni.cz