Science to Schools and Pupils to Science: Systematical Preparation towards Excellence in Science, Research and Education - Completed Project
- Czech title: Věda do škol a školáci do vědy. Systematická příprava k excelenci ve vědě, výzkumu a vzdělávání
- Registration number: CZ.1.07/2.3.00/45.0044
- Program: Education for Competitiveness Operational Program
- Priority axis: 2 – Tertiary Education, Research and Development
- Area of support: 2.3 - Human Resources in Research and Development
- Beneficiary: St. Anne’s University Hospital Brno
- Církevní střední zdravotnická škola s.r.o.
- Gymnázium Brno, Třída Kapitána Jaroše 14
- Gymnázium Brno - Řečkovice
- Gymnázium Tišnov
- Jihomoravské centrum pro mezinárodní mobilitu
- Vyšší odborná škola zdravotnická Brno
- Budget: 20,611,035.50 CZK
- Implementation period: August 1, 2014 – June 31, 2015
- Duration: 11 months
- Project Manager: Ing. Aleš Peprný, Ph.D.
- Contact: phone: +420 543 185 486, email: email@example.com
The aim of the project is to support the quality and attractiveness of science teaching at secondary schools and colleges (Dis.) and thus increase the students' interest in studying science and medicine at universities and motivation to take part in research activities.
The project activities include organization of lectures, run by Czech and foreign experts and taking place directly at partnering schools or hospital’s premises, internships and workshops for teachers. A special part of the project is ICRC Academy which offers students the opportunity to experience clinical research environment under the guidance of mentors and become a part of research teams. More information on the ICRC Academy can be found on www.akademieicrc.cz.
The project is also focused on education of current and future research nurses who are a crucial part of clinical research teams and promotion of this new position in the Czech Republic. Educational activities include workshops both at schools and hospital, internships, publishing of a book manual, release of informational videos.
The project is financed from the European Social Fund and from the state budget of the Czech Republic under the Education for Competitiveness Operational Program.