WHO WE ARE
The International Clinical Research Center (FNUSA-ICRC) of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA), one of the oldest university hospitals in the Czech Republic, focuses on translational medical research. Despite being established only in 2011, FNUSA-ICRC has already become a center of excellence in many fields of clinical, translational, and basic research and currently takes pride in employing 457 people from 16 countries with 35 % of foreign researchers.
24 research teams and 5 core facilites follow the mission of FNUSA-ICRC and create the future of medicine by finding new solutions for prevention, diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular, neurological and selected oncological diseases and disorders.
- Over 1,500 peer reviewed publicatons including some in renowned scientific journals like Circulation, Nature Communications, Circulaton Research, JAMA Neurology or Biotechnology Advances.
- Increasing number of patents and utility or industrial models.
- 16 projects in cooperation with companies in 2017.
- 5 joint grants with industry in 2017.
- Around 110 research and academic collaborations including Mayo Clinic (USA), Karolinska Insttutet (Sweden), The University of Calgary (Canada), The University of California San Diego (USA), Tokyo Women‘s Medical University (Japan).
- 194 clinical trials running in 2017.
- 28 grants awarded to FNUSA-ICRC in 2017.
- 16 international scientific awards such as Danubius Young Scientist Award, Spirit of Excellence Award, Neuropsychiatric Syndromes Professional Interest Area - New Investigator Award, the Young Investigator Award or the Best Innovation Award.