Benefits of FNUSA-ICRC
All activities of FNUSA-ICRC and its teams aim at transferimg knowledge „from bench to back and back“ and all results of its activities should ultimately benefit patients at St. Anne´s University Hospital and worldwide. Our research focuses on major diseases and disorders which affect ageing populations in most countries and aim to find effective solutions.
Foundation and existence of FNUSA-ICRC has brought the following benefits to the society in Brno, Czech Republic and the world:
- Construction of three new buildings allowed St. Anne´s Hospital to relocate several clinical departments to modern premises.
- Purchase of nearly 2,000 pieces of equipment for research - some of these are used (in line with national and European regulations) also partly for clinical care.
- More than 200 jobs in medical research were created in our research and administrative teams.
- Almost every employee has had the opportunity to spend some time at foreign research institutions and bring new know-how and experience back to Brno.
- FNUSA-ICRC is visited by several dozens foreign experts every year who share their knowledge with our staff members.
- We organise dozens of public lectures, seminars and workshops annually and these are open to reseachers and physicians from other research centres and hospitals as well as students.
- Our researchers contribute to research and development activities of many industrial companies.
- Patients of St. Anne´s University Hospital and several collaborating hospitals benefit from participation in clinical trials of new pharmaceuticals and medical devices which are not yet on the market.
- We collaborate with many leading academic research organisations and high-tech companies accross the world and thus help to build a positive image of Brno and the Czech Republic abroad.